In twenty-five years here is a list of things I have learned about life
Photography: Shaquille Pesso
April 28 marked my 25 birthday and I really felt compelled to make this list. For anyone that knows me knows just how crazy the last year has been for me and sometimes I myself don’t even know how I keep going, but I do. Here is just a quick list of the things I’ve learned about myself, life and people in general in the last 25 years that I’ve come to find useful things to remember. let’s get started..
- Stress will kill you, things will work themselves out
- Life is a journey, enjoy it.
- Don’t let fear keep you from being who you are, the people who matter will catch up with who you’re becoming.
- When people show you who they are, believe them.
- Travel as much as humanely possible, nothing will beat those experiences.
- If you don’t like where you’re at in life, change your situation.
- Hard work, dedication and consistency are the true “MAJOR KEYS” to success.
- Goal setting is a skill, it’s ok to not be good at it at first, just keep at it.
- Dream big, then make a game plan to attain those dreams.
- Social media is a tool, do not make it your life.
- Never apologize for being who you are.
- Take advice from people who’s lives you actually want.
- If you can’t afford to buy something twice and still have money in your account, you can’t afford it.
- Your personal style is an expression of who you are, screw the rules.
- Music heals the soul, dance parties in your mirror always make everything better.
- Food is one of the best parts of living, eat and eat well.
- Don’t ever let yourself become someone’s doormat.
- Do not hoard negativity in any aspect of your life, cut it/them out.
- Water, wine and ginger ale are the fluids of life.
- Always invest in shoes, accessories and jackets.
- You’ll never please everyone, so do what makes you happy.
- Human beings are capable of the most amazing and the most vile things, put nothing pass anyone.
- Common sense is often not very common.
- Laugh a lot
- Always make time to celebrate your birthday, life is a gift so enjoy it. The world is a better place because you were born.
There is a good chance some of those seem corny, but corny and true is fine with me. I hope you found something in that list that resonates with you. Will be back to weekly post now that I am finish with school for the summer. Subscribe if your not already so you don’t miss out on the amazing content coming your way.